Visitor Information > Visitor Guidelines
CMH understands that visitors play an important role in a patient's convalescence. However, visitors should consider a patient's need for rest and quiet. Our patients are our top priority, so if we see that visitors are staying too long, we may ask the visitors to leave. In addition, during times of flu outbreaks or other special conditions, visitors will be either severely restricted or disallowed altogether.
Visitors should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Do not visit if you have recently been battling a contagious condition, such as the flu or a cold. The person you visit may have a weakened immune system and may not be able to fight off these conditions.
- Do not enter any room posted with a "no visitors" sign.
- For their own safety, visitors should wash their hands before and after visiting a patient.
- Culbertson Memorial Hospital is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on our campus.
- Children under twelve years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- All visitors should plan to leave by 8:00 p.m. Special permission to stay later may be granted in certain circumstances. Please check with the nurse in charge if you have questions.
- Visitors should not eat meals in a patient's room. Meals should be taken in the cafeteria, located on the lower level. Special permission to dine with a patient in their room may be granted in certain circumstances. Please check with the nurse in charge if you have questions.