Do you practice good nutrition?
Nutritional Counseling Services at Culbertson
Nutrition is the study of how our body uses the nutrients absorbed from the foods we eat. Nutritionists pull from the studies of molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics to properly determine how certain nutrient intake affects the body. Understanding how your body processes food can be helpful to achieving short- and long-term healthcare goals.
What does a registered nutritionist/dietician actually do?
Nutritional services are offered by registered dieticians and nutritionists. Together with the patient, these specialized providers create a custom meal program. Plus, they help educate patients on proper meal preparation for individuals and families.
What are the benefits of using nutrition services at Culbertson?
Choosing Culbertson Memorial Hospital Nutrition Consultants presents many helpful benefits including:
- Individualized nutritional guides
- Lab testing & personal assessments to determine current health
- Education & counseling to unlearn bad habits
- Collaborative support from compassionate providers
Who benefits from nutrition services?
Many different types of people benefit from nutritional counseling and services. During the consultation, patients may receive help for a variety of conditions including:
- Celiac disease & Gluten sensitivity
- Compulsive overeating
- Food allergies & food sensitivities
- Gastrointestinal disease management (IBS, IBD, Crohn’s, Diverticulosis)
- Healthy Nutrition (all life stages)
- Healthy nutrition (Pre-pregnancy, pregnancy & lactation)
- Heart Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Weight control (loss/gain)
How do I schedule my consultation with a Registered Dietician at Culbertson Memorial Hospital?
We offer counseling for any patient once they’ve received a physician’s referral for the service. Our Registered Dietitian is available each Wednesday for consultations.