Education Funds for Health Profession Scholarships
The shortage of qualified healthcare professionals, particularly in rural communities, is a growing problem. One of the best ways to assure a steady, well-educated workforce is to encourage people to enter the healthcare field through our scholarship programs. By offering scholarships to students pursuing a healthcare education, the Foundation seeks to enhance the availability and qualifications of healthcare professionals, thereby promoting access to quality healthcare services for the benefit of the public. Additionally, we seek to assist students and future employees with some of the financial burden associated with their course of study.
scholarship Programs For high School Seniors
- Elmer Hugh Taylor Health Profession Scholarship—open to area high school seniors who reside in the Culbertson Memorial Hospital service area of Schuyler, Cass, and South Fulton Counties and who are entering a healthcare-related field of study that is currently available at Sarah D. Culbertson Memorial Hospital. We will be issuing 3 - $1,000 scholarships this academic year. The application deadline is April 07, 2023.
- Regina Ehrhardt Scholarship—open to any Rushville-Industry High School or Brown County High School senior who is entering a nursing-related field of study that is currently available at Sarah D. Culbertson Memorial Hospital. We will be issuing a $1,000 scholarship this academic year. The application deadline is April 07, 2023.
- Business Partnership Scholarship—open to any Rushville-Industry High School senior who is currently participating in Business Partnership at Sarah D. Culbertson Memorial Hospital. The number of scholarships issued this year will be determined by the Scholarship Committee. The application deadline is April 07, 2023.
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS for college students
- Future of Culbertson Scholarship — is available to potential future employees who are obtaining a secondary education in a healthcare-related field of study that is currently available at Sarah D. Culbertson Memorial Hospital. Scholarships may be used at an accredited college, university, or vocational/technical school. Scholarships shall be awarded competitively based on applicant merit, without reference to race, sex, religion, national origin, or physical handicap.
- Award minimum of $5,000 - Total scholarship amount will be determined by the Scholarship Committee based on the current need at the hospital, the number of applicants, and the applicant's course of study.
- Applicants must be prepared to sign a contractual agreement to work at Sarah D. Culbertson Memorial Hospital upon completion of schooling.
CMH Foundation Scholarship - is available to full or part-time employees who are pursuing healthcare courses of study for a position that is considered a critical need at Sarah D. Culbertson Memorial Hospital. Funds raised from our annual Chicken Noodle Dinner, held in November, support the employee scholarship program.
To make a financial contribution to any of our scholarship funds, please call the CMH Foundation office at 217/322-5269 or you can make a contribution online by clicking here.