A Healthier You - Care Coordination
Culbertson Memorial Hospital and our Clinics care about the health and well-being of our patients. The Partners in Health program has been developed to assist you in improving your daily health and to create more streamlined access to care. The program creates a partnership between you and your provider and establishes a comprehensive care plan to improve your overall well-being.
Our Care Coordinator will call you throughout the month to track the progress you have made and answer any questions or concerns that may have arrived. The relationship with your Care Coordinator will help you become more involved with the decisions about your health and wellbeing. It will also allow us to focus on healthcare goals most important to you.
What can my Care Coordinator do for me?
Your Provider and your Care Coordinator want to make sure you have the tools and support that you need to achieve and maintain the best health possible. Your Care Coordinator will support you in making the best choices for your health by helping you become a more active partner in improving your overall well-being.
Care Coordinators will help you by:
Identifying and overcoming barriers to getting care needs met.
Arranging care and connecting you to important community resources.
Providing education, resources or materials about any chronic diseases or other medical conditions that you may have.
Working with you to improve your Mental Health.
Acting as your advocate with your providers.
Supporting you in becoming a self-advocate and active participant in your own healthcare.
Providing information about advanced directives or assisting you in designating a health care power of attorney.
Who Can Use The Program?
You can access the program if you:
- Have two or more health conditions. Your provider will determine if your conditions qualify you.
- Have a referral from your provider.
- Have traditional Medicare.
What Services Are Included?
- Scheduled “check-ins” with a nurse.
- Medication Management.
- Assistance with Community Resources.
- After-hour access to our on-call healthcare providers by contacting your provider.
How Do I Access The Program?
Your provider can refer you to the Partner in Health Program but we must have your consent to enroll you in the program.
You can also be referred to the Care Coordinator by:
- Community Health Services
- Health Professional
How Much Does It Cost?
You may be charged a nominal monthly co-pay for this service. If you have coinsurance, supplemental insurance or Medicaid, the copay may be covered.
How Can The Program Help Me?
You will have your own Care Coordinator who will:
- Help you understand and manage your health problems.
- Improve communication with your provider.
- Arrange transportation to and from health appointments as needed.
- Help you access free or low-cost medications and some medical aids.
- Attend visits with you if needed.
- Regularly review your care plans that are designed by you.