Nutrition consultations with the Registered Dietitian(RD) at Culbertson Memorial Hospital require a physician’s referral. During the consultation, patients may receive education and counseling for a variety of conditions including but not limited to the following:
- Celiac Disease and Gluten sensitivity
- Compulsive Overeating
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Food Allergies and Food sensitivities
- Gastrointestinal Disease management such as IBS, IBD, Crohn’s Disease, Diverticulosis or Diverticulitis
- Healthy nutrition for all stages of life from youth to older adults
- Healthy Nutrition for Pre-pregnancy, Pregnancy, and Lactation
- Heart Disease including Congestive Heart Failure and High Cholesterol
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Weight Control (Loss, Gain)
When you choose the help of a registered dietitian you can receive:
- Personally tailored nutrition guidance based on an assessment of your current eating habits, lab work and desired state of health.
- Sound, evidence-based advice and help to establish your own personal nutrition goals and priorities.
- Help in sorting through today’s nutrition misinformation.
- Counseling on how to shop more wisely for groceries, read labels with confidence, make healthy modifications to your favorite recipes, and make healthier choices when eating at restaurants.
- Collaborative support in creating an individualized eating plan containing the proper nutrients to help you reach your health goals.