Utilizing Evidence Based Medicine to Provide Advance Wound Care
Wound Care at Sarah D. Culbertson Memorial Hospital is a tri-specialty service dedicated to providing excellent and cutting-edge service to patients. A team of specialists including doctors, nurses and therapists are trained to help provide an individualized treatment plan for you, as well as help you reach optimal recovery.
Wound Treatment and Types
The Wound Care Team utilizes standard wound care guidelines, providing a comprehensive approach to wound care.
We specialize in the treatment of acute and chronic wounds such as:
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Arterial Ulcers
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Complex soft tissue wounds
- Traumatic wounds/crush injuries
- Problematic surgical wounds
Wound Clinic Benefits
- Advanced Wound Care technology
- Improved standard of wound care across the hospital settings
- Keeping patients in the community
- Fosters multi-disciplinary departmental collaboration
What our Patients are Saying
"They aren’t afraid to try different techniques in order to find the right healing process."
"I never realized the importance of wearing properly fitting shoes. Just wearing shoes that fit my feel has made all the difference in my pain."
"The staff has gone to great lengths to help me walk pain-free."
"The staff was very kind, excellent caregivers"
"The Wound Clinic Staff are working hard to help their patients heal and feel better."
Wound Center Goals
- Improve patient outcomes
- Improve patient quality of life
- Reduce amputation rates
- Reduce recurrence
- Reduce cost
- Excellent healing rates and very good outcomes for patient population. Both inpatient and outpatient.
- Very high patient satisfaction
- Very high physician satisfaction
- Strong demand for service
- Excellent support and initiative shown by support staff and administration.
Wound Clinic operates every Monday and Thursday.